iRacing Open Race
Republic of Simracers is pleased to present to you our first official race on the iRacing platform!
The race will take place on February 11th, at 21:00 CET. The competitors can choose from 4 GTE cars:
- BMW M8 GTE
- Ferrari 488 GTE
- Ford GT - 2017
- Porsche 911 RSR
We meet at the well known Laguna Seca circuit where drivers will spend 60 minutes.
Why only one race?
This is a prelude to the full season of iRacing. We want to collect as much data and feedback from you as possible to make sure that future iRacing seasons will be as high as possible.
How does the sign up works?
After signing up for the season the competitor has to sign up for the race. The position is determined by the iRating of the driver, which is checked by ROS every few hours.
How many places are there on the server?
Slot limit is 60, if the Platinum server will get full there will be more servers (Gold, Silver, etc.).
When will the season start?
60 min11 Feb 21:00
WeatherTech Raceway at Laguna Seca
- Season is organised and governed by Republic Of Simracers, registered in Great Britain, owned by Andrzej Wasielewski.
Duration and registration
- Registration for this event starts on 02/02/2020 (which also means the start of the season itself) and finishes with the race on 11/02/2020.
- To participate in this season you must have a copy of iRacing and register for this event on ROS website.
Determining the winners
- Winner of the season will be the driver with the highest number of points after deducting all penalties (including final race).
- In case of a points draw the driver with a higher track position in a last round will be the winner.
Qualifying and race
- The qualifying session will last 10 minuts (2 laps).
- Pit stop is mandatory during race
- Season's cars:
- BMW M8 GTE (60%)
- Ford GT - 2017 (60%)
- Porsche 911 RSR (60%)
- Ferrari 488 GTE (60%)
- Cars can be changed until R1. (when PREQ R1 finishes to be precise)
- There will be possibility to use one fast repair
- 15x. track cuts are allowed after that driver need to take the penalty, next 10x will mean another penalty
- Penalty points will be multiplied by different value depending on the server the driver was on:
Platinum - 10.0x base.
Gold - 8.0x base.
Silver - 6.0x base.
Bronze - 4.0x base.
Copper/Iron - 2.0x base.
- Detailed penalty points:
2PP - Causing a collision
3PP - Dangerous return to the track
5PP - First or formation lap
5PP - Lags / network issues
2PP - Pushing from the track
2PP - Dangerous defensive manoeuvre
3PP - Dangerous driving under yellow flags
1PP - Small car damage
2PP - Moderate car damage
3PP - Great car damage
1PP - Losing 1-2 track positions
2PP - Losing 3-4 track positions
3PP - Losing 5 or more track positions
1PP - Losing 1-3 seconds
2PP - Losing 3-6 seconds
3PP - Losing 6 or more seconds
3PP - Ignoring blue flags
3PP - Illegal waving during formation lap
2PP - Blocking hotlapping driver when on an inlap/outlap
1PP - Crossing the pit line during the pit-entry/pit-exit with 2-wheels
3PP - Crossing the pit line during the pit-entry/pit-exit with all wheels
1PP - Using Back To Pits during qualifying while in pitlane, but far away from own pit box
3PP - Using Back To Pits during qualifying while on track
DQ - Using Back To Pits during race session
- Administrator is registering the right to add "special guests" to starting lists (max 5 drivers) who will be racing in their own class. All flag rules and other racing regulations are applying as normal.
Terms above agreed on 02.11.2020
Above Season Terms are extension of the Racing Regulations. All rules written in Racing Regulations document are still applying to this event. In case of a rules conflict, rules written in above Season Terms are taking priority.